Friday, March 16, 2007

ABC's

I was talking to one of the preschool aids the other day. She said that Tommy is the only one who knows how to write at school. She said he sits at the dry erase board and writes all of the kids names, things like that. She told me that she explained to him when to use lower case. I've been noticing that he is writing in lower case as well. So they tell me he's smart. I know he's smart, but I think it would still be different if we lived in the city. It's always risky when I try to publicly separate the difference between schooling in the country vs. schooling in the city. But it is different- the school here is a Title 1 school which qualifies for extra funding because of its "needs". Was that PC enough?

Anyway, you can't help be feel proud when you get compliments, no matter where we live.

No comments: